Whether you enjoy winter or favor the warmer months in Abilene, most of us make adjustments to make sure our home’s temperature keeps us content. This can have a large impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – Over time, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to pinpoint any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Utilize your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at the end of the day, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter continually to see if it must be changed. We recommend at least once every three months, but time between replacement can vary among households.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be on a lower setting when you are away from the home or sleeping. Using your heat more efficiently helps lower your bill.
- Add insulation to your attic – Check to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a useful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs a little attention, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is running effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more pricey repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—even with your efforts to enhance efficiency—it might be time to purchase a replacement heating system. The team at Abilene Air-Tech Inc can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the selection of newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system work more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide more tips on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Abilene Air-Tech Inc in Abilene a call to begin. You can reach us at 325-200-4667 or schedule an appointment with us online.