It feels like we’re always connected to our smartphones. Whether it is email, checking the latest sports scores or perusing Twitter, we seem to be as busy as ever. That doesn’t mean that your smartphone can’t be utilized for simple conveniences like knowing when you need air conditioner service though.
Today, there are two types of Wi-Fi thermostats.
- Connected. These permit you to control the system from anywhere via Wi-Fi, so if you leave the house and don’t turn down the thermostat you can go into an app and change the temperature setting.
- Smart Thermostats. In addition to Wi-Fi capabilities, smart thermostats automatically alter the temperature for you based on whether you’re home or away.
Smart thermostats have been talked about quite a bit in the last few years, and as technology continues to improve, they will surely become even more common. And why not? They do give you a variety of perks and allow you to have the greatest control over your home’s temperature and environment.
- Easy adjustments. Smart thermostats don’t just have a clever name, they know your habits and know when you’re at home and when you’re not so that you can get the best savings out there. Smart thermostats make certain that your comfort is always a top priority, while also working to save you more money.
- Helpful reminders. Wouldn’t you love to know when it’s time to swap your heating and cooling system’s filter or when it’s time to arrange air conditioner service? Smart thermostats can allow you to do so, meaning you can trust your system to tell you when there is a problem or it’s time for service.
- Convenient compatibility. Most smart thermostats are designed for easy integration across a number of different heating and cooling equipment manufacturers so you can choose the perfect one for your needs and budget.
Smart thermostats will continue to improve like most pieces of technology, but they already give you a variety of perks that can help improve your comfort, potentially decrease your energy bills, and even tell you when you need to schedule air conditioner service. Abilene Air-Tech Inc in Abilene has a number of thermostats to choose from, so if you have any questions about which one is right for you, give us a call at 325-200-4667.