With warmer temperatures close by, now is the time to prepare your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is operating at top efficiency, it can save a significant amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit requires service, it could dramatically heighten your bills and cause preventable and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Abilene Air-Tech Inc professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is crucial to keeping your system working at its best for a while. He or she can make sure the unit is operating as it should be and can identify possible concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your expert air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to arranging your skilled air conditioning service, there are things you can do now and intermittently throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at top performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Running your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and require big repairs or even replacement.
- Pick up the area around your AC. Make sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing around your AC unit because they may inhibit airflow through your AC. Also ensure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any piece of it.
Through the year:
- While your filters can be cleaned or swapped out during your skilled air conditioning service, it’s important for you to check them each month and swap them out per the manufacturer’s suggestion. Every home has different needs when it comes to air filter replacement, depending on aspects like owning house pets or performing home construction during the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also be sure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a cozy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepared for whatever summer brings your way. Give the experts at Abilene Air-Tech Inc a call at 325-200-4667.