Having regular air conditioning service performed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Abilene summer, have the experts at Abilene Air-Tech Inc complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if required, look for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly releasing it to the air.
- Inspect for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Check the appropriate electric control sequence to guarantee adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and tighten connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters routinely is essential. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should inspect it frequently. We advise looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will bank on individual influences in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Abilene Air-Tech Inc today at 325-200-4667.