Before you begin filling up the calendar with summer vacations and trips, make sure you schedule time to have your air conditioner looked at by a heating and cooling professional. Routine maintenance may not feel like a sense of urgency, but regular air conditioner service does more for your air conditioner than you think.
Why do tune-ups help?
- Minimize need for repairs – Most people wouldn’t argue that the summer months in Abilene are not the greatest time for an air conditioner to go out. Scheduling air conditioner service helps you be more proactive and our expert technicians can look for any red flags that suggest trouble ahead for your air conditioner.
- Ensure efficient operations – Not only can tune-ups identify areas of concern, but it also helps your air conditioner operate as efficient as possible. Air conditioners are investments that you should continually check on and maintain to make sure you are receiving the optimal benefits from your unit.
- Reduce expenses – You want the optimal performance possible out of your air conditioner. A living space that offers home comfort is the main priority, but a properly running air conditioner also helps lower your energy bills and adds years to the life of your system.
What will a technician do during an air conditioning tune-up?
- Check the filter status – It’s recommended to change your filters at the very least every three months, so the technician will examine the cleanliness of the existing filter. Dirty filters force your air conditioner to work harder than necessary and can also reduce the quality of the air in your home.
- Check refrigerant charge – Too much and too little are never good things when referring to refrigerant levels. Too little refrigerant can cause additional stress on your system and too much will impact how efficiently your air conditioner cools.
- Check electrical connections – There are a lot of moving parts involved in an air conditioner and when those moving parts become loose it increases the risk of sparks or other damage to the electrical components.
- Clean the coils – Dust and other particles can accumulate on both your outdoor and indoor coils, which can impair efficiency and raise the amount of energy used.
The experts from Abilene Air-Tech Inc in Abilene offer a quality air conditioner tune-up and service, also answering any questions you have about your air conditioner, its performance or your home’s overall comfort levels. Give them a call at 325-200-4667 and keep cool this summer.